Saint Joseph Parish Choir
Do you like to sing? New singers are always welcome to come join our Mass choir.
Choir Director John Hawck (916) 683-1933 Contact Form
Top Ten Reasons to Join Choir
10. You always have a great reserved seat for Christmas and Easter.
9. No auditions or solos required!
8. Fellowship! You will no longer be able to complain, “Church is so impersonal–I don’t know anyone in my parish.”
7. Singing in the Choir is not only heart healthy, it’s soul healthy. And when you make music, you are using both sides of your brain simultaneously. Seriously, people that sing tend to live longer and enjoy more vital health.
6. Since warm-ups are 45 minutes before mass, you’ll never have to worry about breaking the “one hour before Communion” fast.
5. Psalm 100 will come to life for you as you make joyful noise unto the Lord.
4. From our beloved St. Augustine: “To Sing is to pray twice!”
3. Every once in a while, you might catch a glimpse of Heaven’s choir singing along with you. No kidding!
2. Serving others–the congregation really loves it when the choir leads the singing. And you will be setting agood example for all the children, teenagers (and reluctant adults).
1. Serving the Lord—considering all He does for us, it’s just a little giving back to HIM!